Thursday, October 1, 2009

I love to see the temple!




September 28, 2009 Familia,
Wow it stinks to not work! We had a week like Ben had the other week. We didn’t have any investigators come to church yesterday and I am trying to take comfort in the fact that today starts a new week, full of possibilities.

Don’t worry it wasn’t me that was sick, I have been healthy, healthy, healthy…well except for allergies. They are hitting me really hard. And it is really weird because I have never had allergies in my life. My eyes are the worst, they hurt so much and it is hard to keep them open all day long. First, while we were running to an appointment Ha. Chapman turned her ankle and I didn’t even know. We taught a whole lesson, while standing and I didn’t know that it had happened until after the lesson when we were walking home. So we spent some time allowing that to heal. One of those days I worked with Isa. It was so great and so weird at the same time. I have not been without a missionary at my side for six months and so I felt a little weird working with just Isa. But it was so great to work with her! I don’t think she liked the part when we did contacts in the street, but she loved the other parts. We visited Ines an investigator that is in a wheelchair and her sister takes care of her. She can talk, but she can’t really do anything else. We re-taught the first lesson really quickly and just spent some time with her outside of her house. I think we all felt so much love during that lesson, I feel a lot of love for Ines, Isamar feels love for her and I know that Heavenly Father loves her a lot. While I was working with Isa she told me that she would love to do what we do all day. With Isa I found an opportunity for Ha. Chapman to sing in an old folks home. I am excited to visit there this week; we haven’t had many opportunities to do service and I love to talk to old people about random things. In Spanish I think it will be even better, we’ll see if I can understand them. At the end of the day Isa told me that I am like a crazy fifteen year old and that she has known a lot of missionaries in the past but none crazy like me.

We had some more health problems later in the week and had to go to Santiago Friday. When we entered the doctor’s office, I heard my name being called and turned around to find my companion from the MTC, Hermana Weir. I was so surprised and so happy to see her. She is working in the office of her mission. Her first area was on the coast and the pictures from there look amazing, definitely prettier than anything in my mission. She said that all of the elders are doing well and Elder Kearsley is also working in the office, but he was with his companion doing weekly planning so I didn’t get to see him. We ate lunch in the temple cafeteria and it reminded me of when I went to the temple for the first time. Then afterwards we took some pictures outside of the temple. It is pretty and I am excited to go for Christmas.

Mom, in my studies this week I found a scripture that I want you to read. Read 3 Nephi 13:21 and then read your blessing. When I read it I thought this scripture is definitely true of my mom, her children are always in her mind. I don’t how you went three weeks without seeing Matthew and Jonathan. I hope you two make it home safely.

Hermana Priscilla and Hermano Arnaldo just moved into their home this year and are going to start their own Christmas traditions this year with Gabi. I tried to explain gingerbread houses to them and Hermana Priscilla wants to try it. I need you to send me the recipe and some pictures of our houses in the past.

I don’t really have anything else to say.

If you miss me at any point, just remember that I am only a letter away. But this week I think the office is going to hold my mail because I forgot to turn in Isa’s baptismal form. Tomorrow is going to be a sad day when I don’t receive mail at zone class.

The weather is crazy here. I am tired of dying of the heat one day and wincing from the power of the wind then next.

Love you all,
Hermana Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment