Monday, July 26, 2010

What do you know about your family?



July 26, 2010
Family,

I have to write this letter in 9 minutes. I always spend too much time reading emails…oops!
So are you ready for this….tonight is going to be a landmark night. I am going to finish my journal. Mom and Dad started the journal in 1992 when I was four and it has only taken me 18 years to finish it. So woo hoo! I am excited about it.

We are suffering from a lack of investigators so I studied PMG this week to find ideas that can help us. It turns out that there is a whole section about family history and never in my mission have I used family history to find people to teach. So I am organizing an activity for the branch, where we can get everyone together and tell stories about our parents, grandparents, etc. to get people excited to search for their ancestors and do their work in the temple. Mom, you wrote me a long time ago about doing some temple work this summer, did you do it or are you going to do it?

We have been teaching an eleven year old girl named Maria Fernanda. She is going to be baptized August 8. She is pretty excited about it. She tells us every day that she wishes the day would just get here faster.

I studied Helaman 1 this week and learned an important lesson. This is when all the sons of Pahoran are fighting for the judgement seat. They are all so caught up in the power struggle that they forget to keep building their fortifications against the invading lamanites. Read Helaman 1:18. We learn here that we need to put aside our pride, want to be in control, etc and make sure that we are doing what will strengthen our families, ward, friends against the attacks from outside.

I love you all lots,
Hermana Arnold

Happiness is the object and design of our existence and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God. -Joseph Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment