Thursday, May 14, 2009

I am in CHILE!

May 12, 2009

Dear Family,

I am in CHILE! The flight was long and I didn’t get much sleep. The food was good. I am excited to continue trying it out. Hermana Atkin and I got off the plane in Lima and had our first South American experience. It is very humid here; when we got off the plane it felt like New York. It was dark when we arrived so I did not see the coast or the city very well. When the plane touched ground my heart leapt and I was filled with excitement for finally making it. We stood in a lot of long lines and you can imagine our excitement at finding the Aps and meeting the Mays.

The sun came up as we drove to the mission home and Santiago is beautiful! All of the indoor plants I learned are outdoor plants here. Lots of cycads, monstera deliciosas and lots of huge philodendrons. The trees leaves are yellow, but the plants are green. It’s not too cold.

I had an interview with President May first thing and he gave me a blessing. He started to close then stopped and talked about patience. Heavenly Father is watching out for me. Then I had breakfast. Mom, we had raspberry juice! It was so good, you would love it.

Hermana Atkin and I are now taking a nap in the Gordon B. Hinckley suite. President’s Hinckley and Kimball have stayed in this room. The bed is so comfortable.

I love it here already. We have appointments tonight – can’t wait! Preparation day is Monday. I love you Mom, Dad, Ben, Matthew and Jonathan!

Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment