Wednesday, November 10, 2010

{What to do with all that Spinach in the fridge....Spinach Pancakes!}

Since I got home I had been bugging my mom to buy spinach. Why would I ask for spinach? Especially since I am not a huge salad fan. Well its because you can add handfuls of spinach to your smoothies and without being able to taste it you get a nice serving of vegetables.

So my mom bought a big tub of spinach and I haven't been able to eat it all. Then Monday night I was thinking of what to make for dinner and thought about all that spinach in the fridge and thought about how I had eaten spinach pancakes in Chile. PErfeCt!

These are so healthy and fast!




Spinach Pancakes


1/2 c flour
3 eggs
20 oz fresh spinach

Mix the eggs and flour until the mixture is creamy. Add the spinach. Put the pan over medium heat and spray it down with non stick. Place a spoonful of batter in the pan and spread it out into a pancake shape. Flip the pancake when the bubbles on top have popped.

Top with spicy chili beans, a fresh salsa, ketchup, cheese, really whatever you want!

I made three batches and it was too much for the five of us. So I recommend two batches per five people.

No comments:

Post a Comment