Monday, September 7, 2009

Six Months


Querida Familia,

Something happened with the Internet and we got here a little late because we climbed the hill of the Virgin today, so I am really short on time. It was really fun and I will send pictures next week, hopefully. There are some important things you need to know though, so I am going to try to type really, really fast.

First, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BAPTISM THIS SUNDAY! Can you tell that I am really excited? I have never told you about her, her name is Isamar, but we call her Isa. We found her family back in July and I need everyone to pray for her this week. Satan always works really hard to keep our investigators from being baptized the week of their baptism. I will tell you more about her next week.

We have transfers this Sunday. Each transfer goes by faster and faster. I can’t believe I am going to complete 6 months this week. I have a feeling that my time is up here in Los Andes and I will be headed back to Santiago next week, but who knows. We will wait till Sunday to find out. I came here for a reason and I think I have fulfilled it, the assistance (attendance?) is up Sundays and there is a good investigator pool with lots of baptisms lined up for the upcoming weeks. When I arrived here I thought, how can two missionaries help this ward, there is too much work to do. But now I know with the help of Heavenly Father anything is possible.

I went to Santiago Tuesday to fill out all of the papers for my carne, its a card that makes me Chilena until I leave next September. We slept in Quilicura with the Hermanas there, and spent all of Wednesday running from one building to the next. When we arrived in Santiago Tuesday night I was walking a few steps behind Hermanas Atkin and Ruiz and all of a sudden felt something in my backpack, it was a guy with his hand in my bag. I have really bad luck with people robbing me in Santiago I guess. I didn’t have anything besides clothes and hair stuff, so he didn’t take anything, but still I was frazzled to have this happen again.

I have to go! I love you all so much!!! Sorry it is so short this week!

Hermana Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment