Sunday, March 15, 2009

Amy's First Letter

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dear Family,

I MADE IT! Finally! After leaving you I stood in some really long boring lines. I received a packet full of stuff including my companion’s name, my room #, my branch, etc. Then they sent me to the bookstore and gave me a HUGE and heavy bag of books. Lots of Spanish books and Spanish scriptures. Then they sent me to find my room. It’s funny that I ended up in the building I would always park by when delivering things for Bloomer’s.

My companion is Kimberli Atkin! When I walked in I felt like she looked so familiar and she felt the same. She is from St. George and we are both going to the Santiago North mission! Yay! I love her already and we have a lot in common. I can’t wait to get to know her better. She is 5’ 8 ¼”, has the same color hair as me, and blue eyes. She had already unpacked (as she made it on time to our 11:30 meeting).

Later @ 9:30 pm. Oh moses smell the roses! I am exhausted and the cold isn’t helping much (Amy had a cold when she went into the MTC). The MTC is such a small world. Hermana Atkin and I were leaving for New Missionary orientation when a sister stopped me and said, “Hermana Arnold, as in Amy Arnold?” I was stunned! How could someone already know who I am? It was Jennie Hall from Girl Scouts! She moved to California at the end of 7th grade. She will be serving in the Tallahassee Florida mission and will be here at the MTC for three weeks. My branch President is my 8th grade US History teacher, Mr. Greenwood! You can imagine how excited I was to enter my classroom and find that out! The Lord is really looking out for me by surrounding me with familiar faces!

My P-day is Wednesday so I won’t be able to write again for a week. I forgot to write down Ben’s current address. Will you send it in a letter this week? Also, could you maybe type this letter and send it for him to read on Tuesday? I am really so excited to be here and learn to have the Spirit, use Preach My Gospel, learn the lessons, and learn Spanish!

I really wanted to say more when I left you, but words just weren’t enough. I hope that the hug said it all. I love you all so much. Don’t worry about me – I have a smile on my face, Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment